Saturday, June 6, 2009

Schooling through the hard times . . .



As our school year has been winding down I have been reflecting a lot about the last year . . . a lot of big things have happened in our family. Last April 2008 I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Within four weeks of diagnosis I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. I started chemo about 6 weeks later and was on chemo for about five months. Needless to say our lives have changed. Fortunately we were on the tale end of school, and my kids are older, so we made it through the school year without much difficulty. The biggest thing that I have taken from this was that through it all God was with me and my family, and I can see His hand in all that has transpired. I cannot stress how important it was for me to know that God was and is in it all. If I did not believe that He had planned my steps, and truly wants what is best for me and my family, I could easily see that I could be in the pits of despair. I just want to encourage anyone who is going through a difficult time to "cast your cares on Him, for He cares for You!" I Peter 5:7

Just a side note for this Spring . . . we were never able to have a graduation party for my son as I was too ill, so we are having it the end of this month! It looks to be a fine time as we have a big picnic with food and friends! (Just what he wanted). I am also doing well, and am "dancing with no evidence of disease!" God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment